Wednesday, March 30, 2011

It's been a while

Well...it's been a while. Brief update:

1. I am still incommunicado with my Mom's family. I refuse. This has caused some tension and interesting attempts at guilt and control...but I'm the mama and I will not have my child around that crazy woman.

2. We are moving...soon! Our offer was accepted on a house...so now we just wait for all the closing stuff to be done. Whoever decided that closing a house takes this long is a jackass. I am slowly starting to pack, though...hopefully we will be mostly packed by time moving day actually arrives (whenever that is) and we can sell our trailer fairly quickly. I'm exciting to be in a real house that has enough space for the 4 of us (yes, BigB counts).

3. I am going to therapy (kind of). A few hiccups recently in scheduling mean that I missed a couple sessions, but I'm going.

4. I am branching out and meeting people. EEP! I met with a small group of mamas. Some of them even live close to where we are moving to. I have also joined a couple of mom's groups online that will hopefully lead to some good solid friendships. I love my online mamas and all other friends...but let's face it. As advanced as LilG is in the vocabulary department, she and I are kind of tired of each other. This is evidenced by today when we went to the indoor playground to meet with the mom's group and she crawled off to play with the other kids and was gone for at least 30 minutes before crying for me...and then it was only because she felt violated by the 'help' the older kids were offering.

5. I am finally making that damn quilt. I'm doing it by hand. I've decided that 99.9% of it will be done by hand. I am going to have to sew 2 pieces of fabric together to make the backing and I am pretty sure that this would be better done on a machine. The rest, though, I really would like to complete by hand.

6. I have lost 9 pounds from pre-preg weight and I want to continue losing to my goal. Hopefully I can do it.

7. I am also going to attempt a 30-day photography challenge. I want to become a better photographer, so I hope to get this done. After that I will try another challenge that helps me develop my skills further.

8. I will blog more often. I may even attempt a blog challenge, though I don't want to overwhelm myself, since I'm already packing and photographing and quilting and playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment