Sunday, August 1, 2010

Job-ness--and arguments

So...Papa D and I had a talk/argument. It started out as a discussion about me quitting my job. I was under the impression that he wanted me to find a better job or part time weekend/evening job. He apparently only wants that to happen if it will be worth it. This is great from my perspective. We're currently looking at me quitting after Papa D starts working. The hardest part at this point is potentially having to find day care for 2 weeks. I would like to let them know that I will be done at the end of the project (same day Papa D starts his new job), but Papa D would like me to wait until he has everything squared away and starts. My own personal feelings are that I should give fair notice...2 weeks...we are currently 2 weeks away from the end of the project, but Papa D seems to think that I should wait until he starts working.

The argument comes in with him thinking I don't do enough. I feel like I'm a WOHM trying to explain to a SAHM that what I do isn't easy...that work isn't a vacation from the baby. He had a huge temper tantrum because the dishes weren't done. Nevermind the fact that I had started to do them yesterday until he had a temper tantrum because I was making "too much noise". Thus I stopped cleaning because he was being an ass. And then today he freaked out on me because nothing was cleaned. So I started crying...at a total loss as to what he wanted out of me...so then he freaked out and said he couldn't talk to me because I was crying. Umm...I can still have a conversation while crying...although there isn't much conversing going on when a person is screaming and banging shit around. So I took Lil G and went and finished the laundry he did, but never finished (and then bitched about it not being done) as well as doing more. Finally put Lil G to sleep and went to have a cigarette.

I have since cleaned up the living room a bit more and done 8 loads of laundry (or something like that). I will finish dishes in the morning...whether he's sleeping or not and whether it makes noise or not. If he pitches a fit, I will take the baby and not come back. I will call in to work, if I have to. I am tired of him thinking that I have it easy. I also really really want to be able to stay home so I can clean like I want to.

I love him, but right now, he's driving me crazy. He needs to work, I need to stay home...before we kill each other.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, B. I wish he could see how much your heart hurts to leave your baby, let alone how impossible it is to work, keep house, AND be a mom. It does seem like the workload is distributed unevenly. I may be biased but in this case, I don't think so.

    I do think it's a waste of resources to have to put your kiddo in daycare for two weeks. Not sure I understand the logic there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agre with Kat about daycare for two weeks...would they even take her for 2 weeks? He's the SAHD right now so all the laundry and dishes should be his job!

    I hope it gets better with him working and yo ustaying at home. Will both of you be covered under his insurance?

    ReplyDelete