Friday, August 27, 2010

My life plans have come to a halt...why can't his?

I feel like a horrible person. I have come to realize how a person could resent a baby. I always knew my life would change. I knew things would be different. But seeing just how little Papa D's life has changed makes me wonder if I made the right choice. I had a plan...a way to pay off the debt I had accrued being young and irresponsible. That plan took a backseat to expenses for the baby. I got another plan when I went back to work. I was going to implement it. I was going to pay off the shit that I could right away and work my way up to the biggest stuff--my student loans. That plan got shuffled to the side when I quit my job to stay at home with Lil G. Dave was going to give me an allowance. I thought I could perhaps at least work on paying off my student loans. RIGHT. Now he's all up in arms because "He worked very hard to keep himself out of debt and he's not going to shoulder my debt just because I'm not working." EXCUSE ME!? I know I CHOSE to stay home, but only on the agreement that I would get an allowance for expenses. That's right...he's going to dictate how I can spend my money. This did not go over well after I was up most the night with the baby because he refused to take her so I could sleep. I'm at my wit's end. I just keep looking at her and thinking "Maybe I should have just gone to Emma Goldman and gotten an abortion and never told him." It kills me to think that I would have missed out on this little girl...but why is my life the only one that has to change? Why do I have to continue to field harassing calls by debt collectors because he doesn't want to pay for my debt? I think I might go ahead and pay for the small things...$74, $31, etc...just start whittling away at it anyway. He can go to hell if he thinks he can give me a monthly stipend and then tell me it has to go to savings or "tangible necessities". I'm sitting here crying over debt. Oh...and Brutus hasn't had his shots yet. I suppose that will have to come out of my stipend because he's my dog. I did get an offer to score for the fall...so I accepted that...it doesn't start till Oct 13, though...and I can't donate plasma until Oct 20. I just want to get out from under his mother-fucking thumb. This is what I was afraid of when I quit...becoming wholly dependent on another person and having that person dictate my life.

3 comments:

  1. You probably don't want to hear my thoughts on this. The kindest and mildest is, "Would he rather be paying child support?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOH burn! I agree. He could always be paying child support.

    I gotta tell you, I read your blog (well of course) and I was in tears angry at my child for loss of sleep, loss of hygiene, loss of job. But like your DD I think my son is so freaking adorable and couragous and sweet and I need to adapt because he's here and he's innocent. **HUGS*

    ~Almgypsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear this, you sound like a very independent women who makes wonderful plans. You need to explain to D that this allowance won't work. I know you are good with money and planning so why can't you have a debit card attached to the bank acct with $$ in it to pay essentials. Lil G is your princess and you need to do what's best for all of you!

    ReplyDelete