Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Great Vaccine Debate

Okay...sooo...I'm seriously reconsidering continuing the vax schedule.

Papa D has been anti-vaccine since Lil'G was about 4 months old. I went ahead and got her 4 month and 6 month shots. However, a recent blow-up fight in which PapaD called me retarded and incompetent. While that blow was distinctly uncalled for, it did the job. I am now REALLY digging into vaccines. I'm looking and WHO and CDC numbers and graphs. I'm going beyond Mercola and his push for you to buy his super vitamins and looking into real doctors who are saying this isn't what we think it is.


The graphs presented here are scary. Mortality rates due to the flu have skyrocketed since they've started pushing the flu vaccine on infants and young children. And there's a direct proportional increase in mortality rate to the number of vaccines a kid is "required" to have. Scary. That's all WHO and CDC numbers, too. They've just been put into a format that's easy for the average Joe to read.

I haven't really researched this site, yet...but again...some disturbing information contained in this article. I would like to research the doctors listed and see what their backgrounds, etc are before using it as a good source for anti-vax. But it's still interesting.


The graphs in the first site alone are enough to make me pause and rethink the vaccine thing. What are vaccines doing for us, if the most dramatic decrease in mortality came before their introduction? And why is there a sudden INCREASE in deaths after the introduction of the flu vaccine (which I already don't get because I don't buy into it...fear mongering caused me to get it last year while I was pregnant...it was the first -and last- time I'll get that one). I'll keep you updated as I research further. This is my own personal research and discovery method. I promised PapaD I'd really look into it, and so I am.

2 comments:

  1. Take a closer look at the graphs in the first PDF. Some of them don't even make sense. Others are correlative - SIDS cases happening after the TDaP? Well, that's one of the earliest vaccines given. Some disease vectors are cyclic, so it makes sense that for some years there is a decline - that's when people look for ways to defeat the disease the next time it comes around. And I wish anti-vaxxers would just stop already with the scare tactics vis-a-vis autism and mercury. Just stop.

    I got so disgusted I didn't even look at the second set of stats, sorry.

    Do some reading on flu cycles - here's a good place to start: http://www.amazon.com/Fatal-Strain-Trail-Coming-Pandemic/dp/067002127X . If you're really interested in the CDC stats, read their site and their graphs - not graphs that say they're "adapted from" other graphs.

    You can find stats to "prove" (or at least correlate, but hey! For some people, that's the same thing) any argument you wish to make. Until you hear a kid dying from whooping cough, or live with a kid who has maternal-hyperthermia-induced learning disabilities, it's just one more set of statistics.

    Anyway, you can add me to the "retarded" list. If I'd had the flu vaccine the one year I didn't get it, my daughter would not have been born with neurological damage. I have regretted that decision for almost 16 years now. Your mileage may vary. I hope it does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh there's a theory floating out there that it's "Population control". Illinois requires vaccines so I guess I'm going to have to plug my nose and dive in. Or my son can't go to school. It's hard not to fear when the government body is getting too strong for its own good. I want to do what's right but then again they also wanted to put chips into our hands for ID. Dogs and Cats are now getting cancer due to chips (well duh). Nice that they're testing this on our dogs and they wonder why I am hesitant? I delayed his vaxxs until last month and we're proceeding because it's law here for most of them.

    ReplyDelete