Saturday, November 28, 2009

Holidays...woo

Okay...just a little catch-up and then on to the main event!

I got my doctor switched...YAY! Medicaid was going to fight me and then they heard the words "private insurance" and let me have my way. I go see her Dec 16. I'm excited and nervous because of all the problems that ensued at the last doctor's office.

I love my family...I do...I just wish they wouldn't think they're so much better than everybody else...including the rest of the family. I convinced D to go with me to Thanksgiving. I am sorry I did. Everything I dislike about my family made him want to beat the shit out of them. The main problem? They have a high-and-mighty attitude which they use to "snipe" people out of the blue.

Once again, they asked what we were naming the baby. When I repeated the names, they acted like I said something that consisted only of the consonants X, Z, and P...then my little sister told me she was going to call it Gwenny, no matter what I said. Umm...thanks...glad to know you respect my ability to name my child. D got up to go smoke at this point before he killed my sister. My aunt proceeded to browbeat my younger cousin because she "acted stupid"...without ever elaborating on what "stupidity" was being berated...rather uncomfortable for a visitor to sit and watch.

To top it all off, my entire family attempts to crowd into a tiny house that contains 3 general rooms...for a total square footage of MAYBE 500 ft...and that's for living room, kitchen, and dining room...not exactly spacious...and then they try to cram 20 people into these rooms. I tried explaining to my mom how much it sucked to constantly be judged...she doesn't see the judgement. The worst is, I do NOT want my child to be subject to the same attitude. D has talked about moving to CA in a few years to work for a power company maintaining their network. I can only hope it goes through. I want my child to know the importance of family...I just really don't want them to have to be constantly judged and found wanting. I think D is thinking the same thing, but doesn't want to hurt my feelings and actually say it.

No comments:

Post a Comment