Thursday, December 31, 2009

It's a girl...and other ramblings

Okay...so we FINALLY got our ultrasound. It's a girl...it's as close to 100% as you can be about a girl...there was no question when we got the glory shot. I thought I would be a little less excited about it, but I'm not. Part of me is giddy with the idea of all the cute dresses and stuff. And the idea that my baby could potentially be the flower girl at my wedding (if we get married). Ring bearers are cute and all...but come on...everybody knows the flower girl steals the show.

I made it through Christmas without killing anybody...barely. My sister can say the most hurtful things and I really think she thinks she's being funny. She also seems to think it's silly that I won't take Ibuprofen (because it's chemically related to a drug that causes heart defects in 1 in 32 babies), but that I will have a small (4 oz) glass of wine every now and then when I'm stressed. Apparently FAS happens if you even ingest a small amount of wine. Too bad the researchers don't know this.

I had my glucose screening...that went okay...until about 4 hours later when I crashed hard. I don't generally feed my body that much sugar in a day, let alone 5 minutes...I had to take a nap because my bowels were messed up, my head hurt...it was bad. Keeping my fingers crossed that I don't fail and have to take the 3 hour one...that would suck even more...

Not sure what else is going on...Mom invited D and me to New Year's dinner...I love her to death and I know we're invited (it's an open invite), but I'm just not into driving 3.5 hours for dinner...or seeing my family again that soon after Christmas. Especially some of the snarky/snide comments my aunts made just before I left. I plan on going home to visit at least one, if not two more weekends before the baby is born...but I want them to be chill, non-stressful, non-holiday weekends where I can really just enjoy my family for the people I know them to be and not the people they turn into during holidays.

I feel a little guilty. I was reading a friends' blog...and it's so...philosophical and insightful. I mostly complain and talk about food...For some reason, this made me feel somewhat inadequate as a blog-writer. But I realize that blogs are what you want them to be...and I'm not 100% philosophical, so my blogs would be few and far between while I waited for that wonderful insight. As soon as D scans the u/s pics, I'll get them posted. Even the creepy 2D alien baby...but not the creepy 3D horror baby. Those are just WEIRD.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm on Babycenter and whenever a Mom links to a blog -- I come and peek :>

    I don't blame you for skipping out on the big drive & seeing your family again. I would've skipped it if I were in your shoes.

    Also, I have a friend who always blogs insightful things and I get that same feeling about my own blogs... your blog is yours to do with as you wish & every blogger might lament once in awhile that their posts aren't this or that but what they are -- is an expression of our personal truths.

    ReplyDelete