Monday, April 26, 2010

Okay...so I lied

I do care. My family has always been something that is important to me. It's the way I was raised. But I don't know how to deal with this. More and more in recent years I have noticed that my family is there for people...on their terms. They always preach how they are always there for you, but they're not. They are there for us as long as we bow to their whims and their schedules. I can't do it anymore. I have friends who are more reliable than family when it comes to support. And those friends are amazing. My family has even gone so far as to say I chose my boyfriend over them. Well...let's see...he's the father of my CHILD.

I just don't know how to cope with this on top of everything else. I'm starting to worry that I can't.

1 comment:

  1. B... the problem is respect for your boundaries. They seem like good people but putting conditions on love like, "You'll see me when I have time for you or I'm denying you my love," is hurtful. You should be hurt. And you shouldn't have to sacrifice your boundaries for the love of your family. I'm going through this too and it sucks, but you need to set a good example for Lady Guin now and stick to your guns. Otherwise she'll have problems defending her boundaries too - and it won't be limited to family, as we both know. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete